Spicy Orange, Chocolate & Cranberry Wrap Cake
Serves 6 - 8
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 5 Mission Deli Original Wraps
- 375g (13oz) Chopped bitter chocolate
- 125g (4¾ oz) Unsalted butter
- 1.5 Beaten egg
- 5 tbsp castor sugar
- 3.3 Medium eggs
- 108.3g (3 ¾ oz) Castor sugar
- 473mls (1 pint) Double cream, heated
- 1.5 Pinch salt
- Pinch chilli powder
- Finely grated zest
- 1 large orange
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 120g (4oz) Semi dried cranberries
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C gas 4.
- Melt the chocolate and unsalted butter together, over a pan of simmering water.
- In a bowl place the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, chilli, orange zest and mix well.
- Next lay out the 3 wraps, and brush with beaten egg and sprinkle liberally with castor sugar.
- Lay onto a baking sheet and bake in the pre heated oven until crisp and nicely coloured
- Once cooked cool.
- Reduce the heat in the oven to 160°C gas 3.
- Next add the warm cream to the melted chocolate and butter, then mix well.
- Add to the egg mixture and whisk well.
- Lay one of the cooked wraps in the bottom of a 25cm x 5½ cm, loose bottomed cake tin. The cooked wraps should fit in perfectly.
- Pour in half the chocolate and egg mixture, then, sprinkle over half the cranberries.
- Lay on the second wrap and pour in the last of the chocolate and egg mixture, then sprinkle over the rest of the cranberries. Top with the last wrap.
- Place the tin into the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until the outside edge is set.
- Remove from the oven, cool, then chill well, best overnight.
- Cut into thick wedges, dust well with plenty of cocoa powder and icing sugar, serve with a dollop of clotted cream